Ms. Dhillon is of-counsel to the firm. Her practice focuses on all areas of business litigation, with an emphasis on employment matters. Her employer clients range from Fortune 500 companies to small businesses that she represents in: class action lawsuits; individual litigation concerning wrongful termination, wage and hour, discrimination, and harassment claims; and administrative proceedings. In addition to serving as an employment litigator, Ms. Dhillon is an employment advisor who routinely counsels her clients on complying with employment laws and implementing strategies to avoid litigation.
Some of her representative matters include:
- Defending a financial institution in a three-week arbitration before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) concerning discrimination and wrongful termination claims, wherein her client prevailed and obtained a rare ruling requiring the Claimant to pay the forum fees.
- Obtaining a dismissal for a securities broker in an unfair competition putative class action, based on an alleged violation of Labor Code § 450.
- Obtaining summary judgment in favor of a corporate employer in a disability discrimination claim.
- Representing several security system/guard providers in employment-related litigation, including a class action matter concerning expense reimbursement and wage and hour claims.
- Defending a client in class action lawsuits involving the misclassification of employees as exempt and the misclassification of employees as independent contractors.
While Ms. Dhillon has successfully served as lead counsel both at trial and in arbitration, she understands that from a business perspective, settlement is often the more cost-effective resolution. With that mind, she works with her clients at the outset to understand their “end goal” and develop a litigation strategy to achieve that goal.