Mr. Mohammed is a partner of the firm. He is a business attorney who focuses his practice on real estate, business and finance, and commercial litigation. In his real estate practice, Mr. Mohammed represents purchasers and sellers of properties in virtually every asset class, including industrial, office, retail, residential, and mixed-use properties. His commercial leasing practice includes landlord and tenant representation in office, industrial, and retail transactions.
He publishes a real estate blog (www.AIRPractitioner.com) that focuses on the widely-used real estate contracts issued by the AIR Commercial Real Estate Association.
In his business and finance practice, Mr. Mohammed assists clients in forming and developing new businesses and ventures. He represents companies and investors in capital raising transactions, including private debt and equity offerings, and mezzanine financings. He also represents corporate and individual borrowers in commercial loan transactions, including acquisition, bridge, construction, and mezzanine loans.
Mr. Mohammed’s business litigation practice encompasses a broad variety of commercial and civil litigation, including contract disputes, fraud litigation, securities broker-dealer litigation, real estate litigation, business tort litigation, and employment litigation. He also regularly represents landlords and tenants in commercial unlawful detainer actions.
Mr. Mohammed’s diverse practice has resulted in him serving as outside General Counsel to companies in various industries, including technology, financial services, hospitality, apparel, medical/dental, and real estate.
- Owner representation of Class A industrial portfolio in Inland Empire, California.
- Owner/Seller representation of seven-building industrial project in Rancho Cucamonga, California.
- Acquisition of San Diego, California shopping center.
- Owner representation of Beverly Hills, California Class A office building.
- Headquarters relocation representations.
- Acquisition of Santa Monica, California medical building.
Business and Finance
- Mezzanine loan representation of downtown Los Angeles, California hotel developer.
- Representations of emerging growth companies.
- Acquisitions and dispositions of businesses.
- Defended securities broker-dealers in actions by investors.
- Prosecute fraud action on behalf of angel investor group.
- Represent financial services company in breach of contract action against major agent.